For AFMC Exam
Syllabus for AIIMS Entrance Exam
The general standard of the Competitive Entrance Examination is that of 12th class under the 10+2 Scheme and consists of the following subjects:
- General Knowledge
Eligibility for AIIMS Entrance Exam
- The candidates, who are above 17 years of age, are eligible to apply to appear in the exam.
- The candidates need to have passed Higher Secondary Certificate Examination (10+2) or its equivalent, with science subjects – Physics, Chemistry and Biology – from any recognized state/national Board. The student should have studied English as one of the main subjects.
- The candidates must have obtained not less than 60% marks in aggregate in Chemistry, Biology, English and Physics.
- The candidates, who belong to reserved categories such as Schedule Castes / Schedule Tribes / Physically Handicapped, have to pass the examination with minimum 50% marks in aggregate in science subjects.
- The candidates waiting for results or appearing in final year examination may also apply to appear in the entrance test. However, at the time of the admission, they must show all the required certificates or documents of having passed the qualifying examination.
Examination Pattern for AIIMS Entrance Exam
- AIIMS Entrance Exam is a single stage examination.
- The question paper consists of 200 objective and reason assertive type questions, which carry 1 mark each. Each question has four choices and the candidate has to choose the right option from them.
- The candidates have to answer all the questions within three and a half hours, which is the duration of the paper.
- The medium of the question paper is either English or Hindi, which the candidates have to choose from before attempting the entrance test. The choice of the medium cannot be changed after that.
- The question paper is divided into four parts:
- See more at: http://www.highereducationinindia.com/entrance-exams/examination-pattern-aiims-entrance-exam-17.php#sthash.PPD2xjxp.dpuf